Our Gardner restoration process
- all parts are cleaned scrupulously.
- all new parts are genuine Gardner.
- injector pump reconditioned and recalibrated.
- reconditioned lift pump fitted.
- blocks have new liners and professionally machined.
- waterways thoroughly cleaned.
- crankshaft is reground and polished, with the damper plate restored.
- flywheel has new starter ring if required.
- heads are skimmed and new valve gear fitted. Internal parts get red oxide.
- sump is dismantled and internals painted with red oxide.
- all parts given four coats of primer, then three coats of marine paint of customer’s colour.
- all copper polished and treated with industrial lacquer.
- engine reassembled, new shells, new gaskets and new bearings all round.
- all nuts torqued to Gardner standards.
- reconditioned starter.
- reconditioned alternator.
- newly-designed alternator shaft fitted.
- reconditioned water pump.
- engine tested under load for 10 – 12hours.
Between them our Gardner mechanics have over 100 years dedicated experience.
Engines going abroad are professionally crated with both cleanliness and fumigation certificates.